The D407 is an advanced asbestos management course. It progresses candidate knowledge of asbestos management procedures to the implementation of the actual process. It centres around the composition and implementation of the asbestos management plan and builds on and utilises the knowledge gained from the P405. The course aims to provide the practical knowledge and the skills to be able to manage asbestos in premises and to provide a basic knowledge of asbestos management plans, policies and procedures, their implementation and checks on effectiveness.
Who should attend?
Candidates for this Advanced Proficiency Module must already hold either the P405 or alternatively the CoC (Asbestos).
- Use of asbestos, types and characteristics
- Management of asbestos in premises
- Management and organisation of work activities within asbestos containing premises
- The Asbestos Management Plan
- Controlling work on the fabric of the building or services