BOHS P405 – Management of Asbestos in Buildings
BOHS P405 – Management of Asbestos in Buildings is the industry-standard qualification for those whose work involves asbestos management, such as duty holders, building managers, responsible persons, and those who look after asbestos management data. It provides the background knowledge required to manage identified asbestos in buildings and ensures that appropriate management processes are followed and documented properly. It also gives you the knowledge to make better procurement decisions, and to monitor the quality of the services provided by other asbestos professionals through understanding the standards and procedures that you should be following.
The BOHS P405 qualification conforms with the training requirements outlined in CAR 2012, Regulation 4 and L143 – Managing and working with asbestos Approved Code of Practice.
Who is it for?
The qualification is suitable for duty holders, or anyone who assists them in the discharge of their responsibilities. It is also suitable for anyone who:
- Manages asbestos in buildings
- Procures asbestos-related services
- Wishes to progress into asbestos management from asbestos surveying or analysis
The level of a qualification indicates the relative complexity and depth of knowledge and skills required to attain the qualification.
This is a level 4 qualification in the BOHS qualifications framework, equivalent to NVQ Level 4 and HNC.
Modules / Learning objectives
To provide you with a good understanding of asbestos surveying, removal, assessment and analytical services and provide the necessary background knowledge to procure, monitor and audit the quality of these services. The course will also provide knowledge of the legal requirements of asbestos management in buildings.
You must pass two parts within 12 months:
- Written Theory examination
- Written Practical examination
BOHS exam fee is £160 NoVAT
- System – Microsoft Teams
- Please ensure that delegates have practised logging in to the webinar system prior to the course start time
- Webcam must remain switched on throughout the course and exam
- Delegates must use a laptop/desktop computer for optimal performance or a tablet – no mobile phones.