BOHS P405 Huddersfield
What is the objective?
The purpose of the BOHS P405 is to provide candidates with a good understanding of asbestos surveying, removal, assessment and analytical services and provide the necessary background knowledge to procure, monitor and audit the quality of these services. The course will also provide knowledge of the legal requirements of asbestos management in buildings.
Who should attend the BOHS P405?
- Anyone who:
- Manages asbestos in buildings.
- Procures asbestos-related services.
- Is a duty holder, or assists duty holders in a supporting role.
- Has a surveying, assessment or analytical background and is looking to progress
into asbestos management.
- Manages or oversees asbestos removal on-site (e.g. an analyst or building
- Has the day-to-day responsibility to manage the asbestos register, asbestos data
information and asbestos management action plan.
Course Content of BOHS P405
- Legislation and guidance for asbestos practitioners.
- The properties of asbestos and health effects of exposure to asbestos fibres.
- The types of asbestos and its uses in buildings.
- The types of asbestos surveys.
- The asbestos register, risk assessment and management plan.
- Asbestos remediation.
- The role of asbestos analysts and laboratory procedures.
What are the entry requirements?
- The Control of Asbestos Regulations 2012 (Regulation 4).
- L143 – Managing and working with asbestos ACOP and guidance.
- HSG248 – Asbestos: The analysts’ guide for sampling, analysis and clearance procedures.
- HSG264 – The Survey Guide
£630+vat per person