CAR 2012 states that “any employee who may be exposed, or is liable to be exposed to asbestos (or supervises those who are) while conducting their normal duties, must be trained and employers must provide adequate information, instruction and training to those employees”.
Santia understands that delegates’ needs are different and therefore offers a truly flexible learning experience. The Asbestos Awareness online course is hosted on Santia’s cloud based Learning Management System. Optimised for use with the latest browsers, the package has been developed to be lean and succinct. The package will run on a standard business PC or laptop.
Who should complete this course?
- The nature and origin of asbestos
- The properties of asbestos
- A range of asbestos containing materials
- Health effects, mortality figures and predicted trends
- Legislation and requirements of ‘dutyholders’
- Asbestos records
- Emergency procedures
- Asbestos surveys and risk assessment procedures
- Asbestos management and control actions
eLearning UKATA Asbestos Awareness – Course Benefits
The course is hosted on Santia’s Learning Hub (SLH). Each delegate receives a unique login and password to be used for the course duration.
- Interesting & diverse multimedia content to fit your learning style
- Flexible learning solution: you choose the time, place & pace to suit
- Monitor your progress: you can access your scores throughout
- Cost effective: save on costs for travel, accommodation, time away from job
- Reassurance that you’ll gain the knowledge and understanding to apply it to your workplace context
Full admin and technical support
Tutor assistance is available by email and discussion forums to support users with any course based administrative and technical questions. Designated admin users can have access to information regarding the progress of their delegates throughout the course.
Delegates will be emailed an electronic version of their UKATA Asbestos Awareness eLearning Certificate after successful completion of the course.
This course is CPD certified and therefore delegates also gain two CPD points.
Please note that by giving us your own or your delegate’s details you give us permission to share relevant personal data with UKATA, for the purpose of generating certificates showing the successful completion of the training course.